Useful tips and links for travellers to and within Normandy.
If your holiday starts in Paris, Normandy is only an hour's drive away and all train links are given below
Normandy is a two-hour drive from Calais and only an hour away from Paris.
Plan your route:
Motorway Information (tolls):
- Alis (A28 motorway Rouen-Alençon)
Advice on driving in France:
All major towns and cities in Normandy are well connected by rail.
SNCF trains leave from Paris’ Gare Saint-Lazare and Gare Montparnasse several times a day to many towns in Normandy.
Average journey times:
- Paris-Vernon: 45 mins
- Paris-Evreux: 1 hour
- Paris-Rouen: 1 hour 15 mins
- Paris-Caen: 1 hour 45 mins
- Paris-Alençon: 1 hour 45 mins
- Paris-Le Havre: 2 hours
- Paris-Dieppe: 2 hours 15 mins
- Paris-Eu: 2 hours 45 mins
- Paris-Cherbourg: 3 hours
- Calais-Rouen (via Amiens or Paris): 4 hours
- Calais-Caen (via Paris): 4 hours 35 mins